Hot and Sour Crunchy Vegetable (Cold)
- Clean crunchy vegetables such as pickles, cucumbers and cabbage. Microwave the cabbage for a few minutes. Put the vegetables in a storage bag.
- Add salt and chopped garlic into the bag. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Drain the water and put the vegetables into a bowl.
- Add the following ingredients into the bowl depending on the amount of vegetables that you are cooking and your taste:
- hot red pepper source
- sesame oil
- white pepper
- sugar or artificial sweetener
Tender Chicken & Sour Pickled Mustard Green
- Clean sour pickled green mustard after taking it out of the plastic bag and cut it into 2” stripes, and then put them into bowl A
- Add the following into bowl A: ¼ -tea-spoon of hot red pepper source and ¼ -tea spoon of brown or black sugar
- Cut one piece of chicken breast into multiple 2” stripes, then put the stripes in bowl B
- Add the following ingredients into the bowl:
- 1-table tea spoon of soy source
- ¼ -tea spoon of sesame oil
- ¼ -tea spoon of cooking wine
- ¼ -tea spoon of white pepper powder
- 1 tea spoon of corn starch
- Stir the above ingredients together and let it sit for 10-20 minutes
- Cook the contents of bowl A in a small pan with 2 table spoons of chicken broth for 3-4 minutes
- Put 3 table spoons of cooking oil in a large pan and drop some pieces of green onion
- Drop the chicken in bowl B in the pan; cook until its color changes from pink to off white
- Drop the contents in the cooked small pan into the large pan
- Cook all of the contents of the large pan for 1-2 minutes
Crispy Chicken & Cabbage Dish
- Clean and cut ½ a cabbage into 1”x2” shape
- Put the cabbage in a plate
- Put the plate into the microwave. Microwave for 3-5- minutes
- Drain the excess water from the plate
- Add ½-a tea spoon of red hot pepper sauce
- Clean one piece of chicken breast; wrap the chicken meat inside of a plastic wrapper; pat the chicken meat until it is flatter, then place it in a flat plate A
- Add the following to plate A: 1-tea spoon of soy source, ½- a tea spoon of sesame oil, cooking wine, black vinegar, white powder pepper, 3 pieces of pressed garlic
- Stir the above together and let it sit for 10-15 minutes
- Wrap the chicken meat with corn starch
- Put 5-table spoons of cooking oil in a large pan
- Add some slices of green onions
- Drop the chicken breast in plate A in the pan; cook for 3 minutes, then turn to the other side for 1 minute, then remove chicken to a cutting broad.
- Cut the cooked chicken meat into long strips and place the strips on plate B.
- Drop the cabbage into the pan
- Cook the cabbage until it is ready, and then place it on top of the chicken strips.
Sesame noodle (cold or warm)
- Put between half a bottle to one full bottle of sesame paste in a pan, add warm water, stir
- Add 2 pounds of dry noodles, boil to cook, rinse with cold water if served cold. Add 2-3 table spoons of oil and mix.
- Add a few table spoons of soy sauce, 1 table spoon of vinegar, crushed garlic, chopped green onions, black or white pepper, 1 tea spoon of sugar. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Microwave bean sprouts (don’t overcook to remain crunchy)
- Dice and slice pickles into the same size as bean sprouts
- Cook scrambled eggs and slice into the same size as bean sprouts
- Add 3 table spoons of crushed peanuts
- Lay item 2 on a plate, add items 4, 5, and 6 on top
- Finally, add item 3 first, then items 1 and 7
- Mix all the ingredients before eating
Peiking duck (2 ducks)
- Mix 1 cup of vinegar and 3-4 table spoons of honey in a container
- Lay the 2 ducks into the mix (one duck at a time) and make sure all the duck’s skin touches the mix
- Hang the ducks in a windy and cool place, not warmer than 75F, for 2 days
- Place both ducks (legs and breasts up) in a oven and bake for 70 minutes at 400F, turn over at 45 minutes
- Stick a chopstick on the legs and make sure that the juice is clear (not pink)
- For sauce, mix one bottle of Houhsing paste with 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, add some water and white pepper and boil
- For pancakes, mix 4 cups of flour with 2 cups of warm water (1/2 boiled 1/2 room temp), kneel well into a dough
- Divide the dough into about 40 balls, add oil to one ball. Take the ball that is dripping with oil and combine it with another ball to make a pair, spread the pair into a thin layer. Repeat the same process for the other 19 pairs
- Heat a pan (no oil) with medium heat, putting pairs of dough balls into the pan and bake until seeing bobbles, in between the balls, then separate the pairs.
- Slice two bundles of green onions into thin shreds
- Slice duck skin and meat
- Take a pancake, add sauce and shred green onions, add duck skin and meat. Wrap the ingredients together before eating
Dan-Dan (marjiang) noodles (for one person)
- Add red hot oil: two table spoons
- Chop one piece of green onion and one piece of garlic Add two table spoons of marjiang paste, mix well in 10cc of hot soup or water
- Add two table spoons of soy sauce (reduce if the hot oil contains salt)
- Add one table spoon of red vinegar
- Add two table spoons of chopped peanuts. Cook all of the ingredients together.
- Add noodles to boiling water. Cook the noodles for 3-7 minutes
- Put the above ingredients in a big bowl, except for chopped peanuts
- Add cooked noodles in the bowl
- Add chopped peanuts on top of the other ingredients.
Chinese (Napa) Cabbage
- Slice Chinese cabbage (Bai Chai) in half from leaf tip to root. Then continuously slice the pieces of cabbage in half, slicing from leaf tip to root.
- Wash the cabbage in a big sink and squeeze out the extra water, then put the cabbage into a cooking pan.
- Add oil and salt, cook with medium-low heat for about 30 minutes.
- You may add dry shrimp (Sia Me) during step 3 and this will become Kai Yian Bai Chai
- You may add Half&Half during step 3 and this will become Nai Yuo Bai Chai. Add egg white after adding corn starch at the end.
- You may add tomato during step 3 and this will become Fan Chieh Bai Chai
- You may add Fu Dru Jhuan after step 3 then cook for 7 minutes and this will become Fu Dru Jhuan Bai Chai
- Add a little corn starch (mixed with water) prior to unloading the dish on your big plate.
Steak & Cabbage
- Microwave 1/2 cabbage, cut, for 7 minutes.
- Put steak in the pan with 2 table spoons of oil
- Use medium heat to cook and cover the pan.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, depending on the size of the steak and on whether you want your steak rare or well done.
- Flip over the steak and add 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar, wine, vinegar, pepper, and grinded garlic (2 pieces) on top of the steak,
- Add 2 table spoons of soy sauce.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes then flip over for 1 more minute.
- Remove the steak from the pan, and add the microwaved cabbage in the pan.
- You may add hot pepper, depending on your taste.
- Add some more soy sauce and fry for 2 minutes at high heat.
Beef Tomato Stew
- 5 lbs of beef shanks (no bone)
- 2 large onions, cut into large pieces
- 1 lb tomatoes, cut into large pieces
- One lope of garlics
- Stew pan fill with 1 1/2 cans of chicken soup, add 1/2 cup of soy sauce, 2 table spoon of cooking wine, and garlics, heated with medium-low heat
- Pan fry shanks till brown then add it to the stew pan. Set timer for 77 minutes to cook
- Pan fry onions with medium-low heat until soft and slightly brown
- Add tomatoes to onions, cover the pan, and cook for about 20 minutes
- Add tomatoes and onions to the stew pan with shanks
- Shut off stove heat when the timer reaches 77 minutes, wait 20 minutes
- Take the meats out and cut to thumb size pieces, then put back to stew pan and cook for 33 minutes or more until the meat is soft
- Add chicken soup as needed
Recipe from Others